Tuesday, October 29, 2013

My Potential Analysis Paper Sources

It has been a long journey processing this new writing style and actually pulling through with it quiet effectively, but with this transitioning and researching about my topics I've also come across many other bloggers who have successfully shown me different ways to express my thoughts and how to use the supporting facts in an informational way to my readers. They have shown me the serious and funny tones to be allowed when talking about a serious case, the hidden information that the system doesn't allow to be seen, the unfair cruelty people have been given, reading between the lines of statistics, and showing how nasty the world can get, but all in a nicely portrayed way.

The list can go on and on when talking about how the economy has affected citizens and non citizens of this country and finding the right useful blogs about things as these can really help me as a person to grow, not only in my blogs but also in my knowledge of the systems ways. As I've searched through many articles, newspapers, websites about certain court issues, and other bloggers, I've came to see that some of these authors were great at what they do and drew my attention into each post.

A particular blogger named "Justin Peters" consistently writes about crazy crimes being committed and also discusses things that should and should not be done when a situation occurs. He shows variety in his posts, and even with his amusement towards some of his stories he still remains to keep the facts consistent and makes his posts informational, almost like little online updates of what wicked things go on in the world on a daily basis.

In one of his latest posts called, "If You're Planning to Set Your Fiance on Fire, Don't Tell Your Veterinarian", he begins his topic on relating his audience to the feelings we all must get at one point in time when being with our spouse who begins to get under our skin. As the audience is now relating to what he is saying, he then brings in the argument of do's and don'ts when in a situation like this one occurs. If a spouse is fighting over something as small as washing one's bed sheets, it's recommended to not think of a master plan to kill the other spouse, but to let off your steam just a bit and relax. He then categorizes the females actions of trying to kill her spouse by pouring gasoline all over his bedroom as, numerical failures in the crime she tried to commit.

In his last more seriously taken post called, "It Happened Again: Baltimore Man Acquitted on Fourth Sexual Assault Charge in Two Years", he talks about a man who is still not punished for the crimes he has committed even though all evidence and witnesses are shown. He claims that the confidence of the accused man and his poise on the stand over powered the accusers' failure to explain that he did in fact commit a crime. Peters also threw in a supporting twitter comment by the Baltimore police saying that, "When evidence is there, Juries need to convict". I thought this social network use of facts supporting his argument of the court not doing what is needed to be done was a different kind of reliable source, and again is understood by his audience well.

Watching these inspiring authors explain related stories to my topics have been great useful sources for my upcoming blogs. Showing one how to state facts, correctly explain your argument, and learning from your research has been the three most important things I have learned to use for my posts. Blogs like Peter's and popular articles and stories about these issues are what is needed to show the public a way of speaking the truth. This work and guidelines I have learned from others is what I will use as my potential sources for my final paper.


Work Cited

Blogs by Justin Peters about murder, theft, and other wickedness. Published by the Slate Group, a Division of the Washington Post Company. http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime.html

2 comments:

  1. This is an interesting post! It's nice for us to get to see selections of your "community"--and Justin Peters seems to be an engaging writer. I'll certainly have to check him out. I wonder what is his background? Is he in law enforcement or law? or journalism? Or just an everyday citizen who is fascinated with the law? What makes Peters an expert? Or is that not the angle you are taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy to think of what things people get away with and don't. Personally, I think if you do the crime then you do the time. I have not researched the story your talking about but if someone is brought up on the same kind of crime 4 times something is there. Why is it that someone who drinks and drives a couple of times (not that that isn't serious) can go to jail for 25 days and have 2 years over their head, but someone who is brought to a court 4 times for the same type of crime (and a much more serious one in my opinion, being a woman and all) can be acquitted every time? Just goes to show how the scales of justice weigh sometimes.

    ReplyDelete